Share your art, meet artist friends, and grow your art practice
It all happens here in Studiomates! You’ll be a member of our private community that facilitates deeper connections between artists through weekly art prompts and live drawing events, both online and in-person!
Why join a private artist community?
You're tired of social media, but still want a space to share your art and be inspired.
- Upload photos of your work to Studiomates as often as you like using our Art Share tag.
- Receive support and encouragement without getting hung up on likes or follower counts.
- Get inspired by seeing other artists working alongside you, without getting overwhelmed with comparison and endless scrolling
You want to meet and develop friendships with other artists, but don't know how or where to start.
- Our members are not here to sell to or influence you—we’re just here to draw and chat and grow together.
- Meet our friendly group of members by sharing your work and commenting on theirs.
- Deepen your friendships by drawing together live through our weekly in-person events and monthly online events.
- Come say hello—we love welcoming and meeting new artists!
You want to develop a drawing practice, but have a hard time sticking with it or knowing what to draw.
- Use our weekly art prompts when you don’t know what to draw or need a lil’ kick of inspiration.
- Commit to a time to draw with our weekly and monthly drawing events.
- Stay consistent by sharing your work with us for accountability and closure after creating something new.
- Get inspired by seeing other members unique interpretations of each week’s prompt.
Ready to connect with new artist friends?
A Vibrant Community
We have all sorts of members here in Studiomates! From young to young-at-heart, from Japan to Nebraska, from aspiring artists to pros—everyone is welcome here.
Diverse + Inclusive
Studiomates are spread out over 30 countries! Make connections with artists from all over the world who share a passion for creativity.
Supportive + Encouraging
Studiomates is a safe place to share your art. Share successes, issues, feelings, and thoughts. We all need support in our art practice—we’re here for you!
Ready to develop your art practice?
Who started this community?
Boone, North Carolina, USA
Hey! I’m Christine and I founded Might Could in 2012 and have since taught 115,000+ students in my online courses, written 100+ essays on creativity, traditionally published 4 books with Scholastic, and self-published 1 book.
I founded the Studiomates community in 2018 and am forever thankful for the friendships I have made here and through Might Could Draw Today. These artist friends have truly been a blessing and balm to me and my art practice through many struggles and difficult times. Without their encouragement and support, my art would not be what it is today. I hope you consider joining us too!
Ready to get inspired?
Frequently Asked Questions
Membership to Studiomates is free! We want to create an accessible space for all artists looking for community, connection, and creativity.
Both! I currently host weekly live drawing events in Boone, North Carolina. If you live here, vacation here, or are just driving through, we’d love to have you! If you can’t make it to Boone, we host monthly live events on Zoom as well.
You do not have to be a member to attend our in-person drawing events. However, the dates, times, and locations will be announced inside Studiomates, so becoming a member will help plan ahead so you can attend!
You do have to be a member to attend our online drawing events. This is to keep our event Zoom links private so we do not get trolls or spam accounts logging onto our private events. Membership is free!
You’ll be prompted to make your account and upon completion you can immediately log directly into the community, so you can dive in right away!
Our Studiomates community is hosted on Mighty Networks, a platform which is simple but robust, well-organized, and easy to navigate. You can access the community through the desktop website address or the mobile app, available on iOS and Android.
Members looking for more instruction or growth can choose to enroll in our studio course, Sketchbook to Style, any time by navigating to the Studios page and purchasing the course with a one-time payment.
That’s higgly piggly! I believe everyone can draw! If you like to draw or want to draw or want to like to draw, this community is for you and full of people like you! We’re all here to grow together, no matter where you’re starting from.
I believe artists and their styles are always growing and changing, and can always benefit from experimenting and playing in different environments. This community has many different ways you can be challenged and inspired to grow in ways you wouldn’t have alone!
Although most of us are still kids at heart, Studiomates is a community of adult artists. We welcome anyone ages 18 and over.
You can cancel your membership at any time for any reason.